Welcome to the Introspection Tag, people. Vinay, otherwise known a “Leo” over at I Rhyme Without Reason, has passed on a tag I just cannot resist, because it is so…introspective. I even have to pass this tag on, it is that interesting. I really enjoy Leo’s wit and sense of humor, not to mention his haiku. He also runs the meme over at Haiku Heights, and I do not want to annoy him by turning him down, which could result in impossible multisyllabic haiku weekly prompts…so…THANK YOU VINAY! So, I am now going to go through a period of intense self-examination and introspection to answer the following 7 questions, and then pass the tag on to 5 other people.
- My Most Beautiful Post: Hmmm. I’m picking this one, because it is my favorite. The Birth of the Moon.
- My Most Popular Post: According to the Most Viewed Post list on WordPress, my most popular post is baby teeth , which surprises me. It’s an okay poem, but a bit of a tear-jerker.
- My Most Controversial Post: Hmmm. Don’t think I have raised a lot of controversy with my posts, although they can be political.
- My Most Helpful Post: I do not think my poetry is, as a rule, helpful to anyone but me. However, I did get the most spam posts assuring me in tortured English that one post helped them immeasurably, and that was Parachute Wedding Dresses. Go figure.
- A Post Whose Success Surprised Me: Hmmmm. This has to go to my first ever pantoum. I thought it lacked something, but everyone else seemed to like it. The poem is Pantoum (Before).
- A Post I Feel Did Not Get The Attention It Deserved: Well, this post got some attention, but I feel that it got a little lost in the shuffle. When you smile my name.
- A Poem I Am Proud Of: Oh, this is a tough one. I love my poems and am proud of all of them. They are the children I don’t have to feed or send off to school. If I have to pick one, let it be My Dead.
OK, now I get to tag 5 people. You can ignore me if you want to…but I just might “like” all of your posts without reading them for a week if you do. Nah. I would never be that mean….I have to read your posts, because I LOVE you guys!
- Soraya: Her poetry is so vivid, I can’t wait to see what she has to say about the particulars or her work. .
- Mimi from Waiting for the Karma Truck. Love the title of her blog, and her posts are…transcendent.
- Rhonda: Really, this one is just to tick her off. Love you sister…
- Boomiebol, because she is way too sweet to cuss me out and drive from IL to NY to kick my butt for tagging her.
- Jules: Because I really, really want that hot potato award. Rhonda has one, and I am jealous.
So, you five can ignore me totally, send me a hot potato award (Jules), or cuss me out & continue the game–up to you!
You are too wonderful Susan :)! It’s so funny that I just turned on the iPad since morning and your post is the first I read lol. Well you know I have to do it. Will require a lot of thinking but will do it…will also check out the poems you chose later tonight.
Would you believe I haven’t had a chance to rest…hoy! Had to drive to the city to see a friend’s parents visiting from Nigeria.
A woman’s job is never done lol. Thanks always Susan
Boomie, honey–I think it is a good thing it is a 3-day weekend, because you are going to need that extra day. Thank you–I am looking forward to seeing your answers.
you are right.. these are quality questions.. good job Leo
🙂 I thought so!
I loved ” When You Smile my Name”
Thanks, A. Me too. I think it just got lost in the shuffle.
Pingback: I got tagged « jmgoyder
I really like “when you smile my name’ too..Thanks for ‘tagging’ me – I think…Time to go back and look at some statistics, I guess…love, m
THis actually was a lot of fun! Enjoy!
Was my response to your post yesterday about the abuse of young girls ok?
Oh, it was perfect, perfect. Yesterday was so insane, did I actually not thank you–shame on me if that was the case. It is on its way electronically to South Africa as we speak…it was brilliant, heartfelt, and made me leak.
Whew..I’m so glad it was ok. No need to thank me – just wanted to make sure it made it if it was worthwhile…
I knew it, I have miss some of your Poems, I hate the reader, or maybe I am following to many blogs 😉 will check all of the poems and the 5 lucky or should I say unlucky persons you tag. The Birth of the Moon is beautiful!
sorry I reply here I am sick, yet I am reading blogs 😉
🙂 me too. after 1 a.m. my time, and I need to crash, but here I am, chatting away…
Not a problem, Doris–it is a constant avalanche of great writing we are subjected to on here 😉 Glad you liked BOTM…
Wonderful, I did miss some but I know why I was not following you at the time. Very nice Susan, I learning so much from you, I love your style and the fact that you try with some of the prompts from other blogs.