Welcome to the Introspection Tag, people. Vinay, otherwise known a “Leo” over at I Rhyme Without Reason, has passed on a tag I just cannot resist, because it is so…introspective. I even have to pass this tag on, it is that interesting. I really enjoy Leo’s wit and sense of humor, not to mention his haiku. He also runs the meme over at Haiku Heights, and I do not want to annoy him by turning him down, which could result in impossible multisyllabic haiku weekly prompts…so…THANK YOU VINAY! So, I am now going to go through a period of intense self-examination and introspection to answer the following 7 questions, and then pass the tag on to 5 other people.
- My Most Beautiful Post: Hmmm. I’m picking this one, because it is my favorite. The Birth of the Moon.
- My Most Popular Post: According to the Most Viewed Post list on WordPress, my most popular post is baby teeth , which surprises me. It’s an okay poem, but a bit of a tear-jerker.
- My Most Controversial Post: Hmmm. Don’t think I have raised a lot of controversy with my posts, although they can be political.
- My Most Helpful Post: I do not think my poetry is, as a rule, helpful to anyone but me. However, I did get the most spam posts assuring me in tortured English that one post helped them immeasurably, and that was Parachute Wedding Dresses. Go figure.
- A Post Whose Success Surprised Me: Hmmmm. This has to go to my first ever pantoum. I thought it lacked something, but everyone else seemed to like it. The poem is Pantoum (Before).
- A Post I Feel Did Not Get The Attention It Deserved: Well, this post got some attention, but I feel that it got a little lost in the shuffle. When you smile my name.
- A Poem I Am Proud Of: Oh, this is a tough one. I love my poems and am proud of all of them. They are the children I don’t have to feed or send off to school. If I have to pick one, let it be My Dead.
OK, now I get to tag 5 people. You can ignore me if you want to…but I just might “like” all of your posts without reading them for a week if you do. Nah. I would never be that mean….I have to read your posts, because I LOVE you guys!
- Soraya: Her poetry is so vivid, I can’t wait to see what she has to say about the particulars or her work. .
- Mimi from Waiting for the Karma Truck. Love the title of her blog, and her posts are…transcendent.
- Rhonda: Really, this one is just to tick her off. Love you sister…
- Boomiebol, because she is way too sweet to cuss me out and drive from IL to NY to kick my butt for tagging her.
- Jules: Because I really, really want that hot potato award. Rhonda has one, and I am jealous.
So, you five can ignore me totally, send me a hot potato award (Jules), or cuss me out & continue the game–up to you!